Fuel Your Car and Your Savings
If you're shocked by gas prices every time you pull up to the pump, well ... get in line. Gas stations continue to raise prices. That's the bad news. The good news is there are ways to fuel your savings.
Before you pump
- Before you get to the pump, do your homework. Locate the best deals on gas in your area at GasPriceWatch.com.
- Choose the appropriate octane gas for your car. Remember, the higher the octane the higher the price. Check your owner's manual to see what grade your car requires.
Before you drive
- Check tire pressure frequently. Properly inflated tires improve fuel efficiency due to less road resistance.
- Get regular maintenance to keep your car running efficiently.
- Lose the extra weight. An additional 100 pounds in the trunk reduces a typical car's fuel economy by 2%.
- Keep items inside the car. A loaded roof rack creates wind resistance, reducing fuel economy by 5%.
On the road